Downgrade method NOW WORKS ON THE MYTOUCH 1.2 (THE MYTOUCH WITH THE 3.5MM HEADPHONE JACK AT THE TOP), ALL MAGICS, AND THE OLD MYTOUCH AS WELL.
1. Download the sappimg.nbh :
SAPPIMG.nbh(Works for all Magics and the Old MyTouch)
Zip File (Works for the new MyTouch w/ 3.5mm headphone jack) RENAME IT TO sappimg.zip (not sappimg.zip.zip, just sappimg and its a .zip file!)
2. Save the sappimg.nbh/sappimg.zip file to your SD card. As always, do not place it in any folder on the SD card, just on the SD card.
3. Put the SD card into the phone and turn the phone on by holding down Volume Down and Power.
4. Push the trackball down on that screen and wait for it to pick up the Sappimg.nbh.
5. Push the trackball to begin, it should automatically update from there.
6. Once the flashing is fully complete, reboot the phone. DONE!
Important: If your Phone says that the wrong Main Version is Older or Wrong Model ID… you must Use the Goldcard Method instead.
2. Turn the phone on by either holding down the volume down button and power button at the same time OR by holding down the back button and power button at the same time.
3. When the screen comes up, it should say somewhere on the first line either 32A or 32B. THAT is your motherboard version. Remember it…
4. Turn off and on the phone.
5. Goto Settings > Applications > and make sure Unknown sources is checked ON.
Root your Magic/Sapphire
1. Download this APK and the appropriate recovery image for your motherboard (32A or 32B) and save it to your computer:
Amon Ra’s Recovery Image (v1.7.0G) (32B)
Amon Ra’s Recovery Image (v1.7.0H) (32A)
2. Once they are saved to your computer, copy them both to your SD card (do NOT put them inside any folders on the SD card, just put them on the SD card itself).
3. Unplug the phone from the computer once they are downloaded to the SD card.
4. Goto the Market and download Linda File Manager or any file manager program if you do not already have one.
5. Open the file manager and goto SDCard and then find the FlashRec apk file and click it. If asked tell it to use Package Installer to open it. It should automatically install the apk.
6. Open the FlashRec program and click on Backup Recovery Image and wait for it to finish.
7 (FOR 32A ONLY) Once done, click on the empty text box in the FlashRec program and type:
7 (FOR 32B ONLY) Once done, click on the empty text box in the FlashRec program and type:
8. Then click on the Flash Custom RecoveryImage button and wait for it to finish.
9. Turn off the phone and turn it on into Recovery mode by holding down Home and Power to turn it on (keep holding until the recovery screen comes up has a bunch of text on a black background). So long as that screen comes up, you have done it correctly and now you can flash any rom made for your device!
If you have any issues at all, please report them in the comment area.